Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pink For October

My blog is PINK for October in order to raise awareness for the terrible disease of breast cancer. It has effected our family in a much too real way. As most of you know, my mother battled this disease and we thank Heavenly Father every day that she is a SURVIVOR! I know everyone is not this fortunate though, and I also know I have a great chance of having to fight the disease one day myself. So, let's all raise awareness and go PINK for October. Our mothers, sisters, daughters, friends deserve the opportunity to live their lives without this horrible fear. Visit this site for more info: www.pinkforoctober.org

The reason my mother is still alive? Other than being tough as nails her life was spared due to early detection. An annual mammogram found the problem, and found it early. Read more on early detection and how to perform a self-exam here: www.mayoclinic.com/health/breast-self-exam/WO00026/UPDATEAPP=0


I love you mom!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP